SEO: How does your site work with Google Caffeine?
Is your website ready for the changes to Google’s search engine algorithms?
We completed our Caffeine web indexing system last year, which allows us to crawl and index the web for fresh content quickly on an enormous scale. Building upon the momentum from Caffeine, today we’re making a significant improvement to our ranking algorithm that impacts roughly 35 percent of searches and better determines when to give you more up-to-date relevant results for these varying degrees of freshness.
If you are appearing in searches now, it is likely that this Google Caffeine search engine change will effect your web site’s traffic. How can you benefit from these algorithm modifications? Search engine optimization or SEO is essential to keeping your business relevant to Search Engines and relevant to your customers. In what cases could this negatively impact your website?
- If your website is not updated often
- If you are not updating information as frequently as your industry
- How fresh results should be relative to their content
- If your website was never optimized for SEO
- If your site has an out of date SEO that doesn’t take into consideration the new algorithms
New quality content is king.
Google goes on to say:
Different searches have different freshness needs. This algorithmic improvement is designed to better understand how to differentiate between these kinds of searches and the level of freshness you need, and make sure you get the most up to the minute answers.
While it may be frustrating to web masters this will ultimately make Google’s search results even more relevant to their user’s, as well as give the edge to quality content creators providing actual information to their readers. As Illinois SEO experts we monitor and respond to these changes for our SEO clients. Google has also made changes to the way they weight different ranking factors have on the users’ search results. This means what worked for SEO in the past will be rendered less effective now. That is why it is more important than ever to work with professionals that are up to date on what works and what doesn’t. If you are managing your Search Engine Optimization yourself then this means spending much more time researching and working to adjust to changes in search engine algorithm design. The weightings of different search engine factors also have a huge impact on your search engine placement. Even websites optimized for Search Engine Optimization will notice some pages going up, and some going down in placement, though hopefully you have more ups then downs. If that is not the case for you we would be more then happy to set up a free consultation to identify the what, when, why, and where for SEO friendly changes your website needs. Contact us now! Illinois SEO.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- What is Google’s 2 step verification?
- Search Engine Marketing for Beginners
- SEO: How does your site work with Google Caffeine?
- Does your small business need a website?
- Quick Guide to E-Mail Marketing
- 10 Must Read Small Business Articles
- The best free android security apps for 2011
- 5 Must Have Free Small Business Android Apps
- How to choose a Web Designer
- How to reach your target audience
- More specialty Web Design!
- Small Business SEO
- Why you should upgrade to Firefox 4
- Specialty Web Design
- Our Keyword Cloud
- Is 2011 The Year of the Android Honeycomb?
- Get Unbeatable SEO!
- Do meta keywords matter?
- The Best Netbook OS
- How to leverage Facebook for business