How to choose a Web Designer
Choosing a web designer can be a daunting task, luckily we have broken it down into simple steps to go through when looking at a web design company, and what to avoid.
Some questions to ask them:
- Do they do full service web design (Web Design, Web Development, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Pages, Marketing, Hosting) or just some of the tasks?
- Do they offer affordable web design? A typical website from other web design companies’ costs $2500 – $3500 (and some much more) but here at Unbeatable Machines we always come in under your budget, and typically do sites for thousands less than most other designers & developers.
- Will they host and maintain your site for a reasonable rate? Our annual hosting fee is just $50, and small changes are free. If you are paying more you should ask why. The same goes with any unexpected fees, because we charge one price for the entire site and always stay in or under your budget we don’t have additional fees, if you do then ask for an explanation or switch your site over to a company that doesn’t have these fees.
- Will the design portion of the site be done in a reasonable time? We typically can get your site on the web within two weeks of content submission, but we can even do 1 week, and 48 hour web design if you want to order it express.
- Do they understand search engines? Since the people at Unbeatable Machines have backgrounds in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Information Technology, we are qualified to do on and off page SEO upon request, although by getting a website designed through us on page SEO is free. Many web designers have jumped on the Search Engine Optimization bandwagon with no real background qualifying them to do it.
- Do they offer marketing? If so where? We offer marketing through Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Digg, Reddit, and every other major social and search platform. You want a marketing company that can reach and engage your customers no matter which network they prefer to do research on. Many people now search for, as well as ask their friends about a product through social networks prior to making a purchase
- Do they offer free tools to track your site hits, and document visitor information? We offer free analytics through Google Analytics.
- Can they show you customers’ sites, and offer references? They should have customers happy with their product and happy to work with them who would act as references.
- Do they offer a good looking product? Take a look at some of their recent websites, as well as the other designs they offer.
- Are they easy to contact and easy to work with? We try to make the web design process easy, simple, and fun. It doesn’t have to be a hassle, and the person you are working with should not make it one. Also can you reach your designer easily, can you call them anytime? Would they give you their cell number for emergency changes?
A website is the first impression your customers will have with your business, often it can make or break a sale, it is representing your business to the world. Choosing someone for web design can seem like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be. If you ask the right questions, get the total cost up front, know what it will be like to work with them, and know that they meet your needs, and then you are ready to start shopping for web design. Make sure you interview them and do your research well, and find someone passionate about making you succeed.
If you’d like to contact us about web design, give us a call at 1-800-691-8725 or you can reach us through our free web design quote page.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- What is Google’s 2 step verification?
- Search Engine Marketing for Beginners
- SEO: How does your site work with Google Caffeine?
- Does your small business need a website?
- Quick Guide to E-Mail Marketing
- 10 Must Read Small Business Articles
- The best free android security apps for 2011
- 5 Must Have Free Small Business Android Apps
- How to choose a Web Designer
- How to reach your target audience
- More specialty Web Design!
- Small Business SEO
- Why you should upgrade to Firefox 4
- Specialty Web Design
- Our Keyword Cloud
- Is 2011 The Year of the Android Honeycomb?
- Get Unbeatable SEO!
- Do meta keywords matter?
- The Best Netbook OS
- How to leverage Facebook for business